What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder!

azcloudflyer

Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new RV-10 builder in Arizona.

I intended to post about a month ago when I received my empennage kit but I became so involved in building that I already have my VS completed. In fact, the only reason I have time to write this is that I am waiting for the tank sealant on my rudder trailing edge to dry! But not to waste time, I am going to build wing cradles today while waiting.

I've read through about 3 years of archives on this forum and am glad that I am not doing anything for the first time. Fantastic knowledge base!

I have a web page to keep my friends informed of my progress. After reading so many great RV-10 web pages I chose to make my index page a parody of them and discuss how I will be adding drop tanks and a delta wing to my RV-10.

http://home.earthlink.net/~azcloudflyer/
http://home.earthlink.net/~azcloudflyer/

Well, time to get back out to the shop,

Mike Andresen
[email protected]

That website is about what I would expect from someone from Apache Junction. :D "This site is best viewed with your eyes." :D :D

I like your nose art choice, Mike. Can't wait to see it on an RV-10. :p

Last edited:
Welcome!

Mike,

You mentioned the knowlegdge base, that is one of the chief reasons I went with the RV. I am not a designer and I don't like guessing, but with an RV you won't be the first one to run into a particular issue.

Also, I love your build site, espcially the sarcasm! Looks like your cooking along on that -10, see you at OSH someday.

welcome!!

Wow, another Mike building a ten.:D

Great!!!

I call this site the "VAF database"

It is amazing how much your electrical layout, and panel---3rd one down----look like what I came up with.

Welcome aboard, it is going to be a great ride.

Awesome Mike...I started my -10 in September and just recieved my QB wings and fuselage. The EMP went fairly well for me and I found this forum tremendously helpful since my apptitude for building is far less than flying.

Bart

Yikes!

Fun site. I kinda like the hard points idea - if a long-ez can have one, really, why not? Maybe center line mounted, though? Legs like a self-standing golf bag for one person/cartless mounting/removal(only half kidding).

Mike, actually, what scared me was the 'excellence' reference, you living near Phx; it all takes me back to my AlliedSignal/Honeywell days of 'Excellences' and 'Leadership' as a proper noun. Yikes!

Build on.

Rick 90432, 9A working fuse past QB stage.

New Builder

Like the "Making the Decision" page. With all those shop tools you have, why bother with the kit? Just make everything yourself. ;)
... Bill

Back