What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder

dhusk

Well Known Member
After a couple years of lurking, I finally ordered my tail feathers and tools today.

I got my license about 30 years ago and owned a '64 Skyhawk for 5 years. Sold it in 1980 and didn't fly again until 2001.

It didn't take long to settle on the 9a, it just fits the kind of flying I expect to do. I spent a lot of time looking at used certified airplanes, and there are some nice ones available. But at the end of the day, you still end up with a 30 year old plane with old radios and no good way to bring them into the 21st century.

I can't wait to get started. Gotta go clean out the garage!

Darryl Husk

Welcome!

Welcome, Darryl !!!

Congrats on taking the plunge - you're going to have a great time!

Best,
Doug

Welcome

dhusk said:
After a couple years of lurking, I finally ordered my tail feathers and tools today.

Darryl I had lurked for quite a long time myself, but when I finally go to the point where I was ready to pull the trigger I did. I am very happy I got started and I am happy I waited untill I was ready.

Again Welcome.

Congrats and welcome! You've come to the right place.

Check out my site (below) for the adventures of another RV-9A builder. Also Matthew Brandes' site is good, and he's flying already...

Back