What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Builder - RV-10

Well, I guess I've joined the big boys. My tail kit is on the way. This is my first RV so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mike Strube
MikeInIrving
Irving, Texas
mike.strube at gmail.com

Hey Mike,

I am in Fort Worth and should get my wing kit next week. My cousin and I are both building 10's here locally. Feel free to track me down if you have any questions.

Gratz on getting started!

Mike:

To add to the DFW tri-fecta I"m in Rockwall and my fuselage kit should have shipped last Friday. I've still got some things to finish up on the wings and tailcone but am getting set to make some serious progress....

Matronics site

Many of the 10 builders use the Matronics RV10 site for there communications. You may want to check that site out also.

Gary Specketer

Oh not ANOTHER ONE!:rolleyes: Just kidding....Once you push that throttle forward you will realize how much all the blood, sweat and tears are worth...And you will bleed, sweat and cry!!:eek: Welcome aboard;)
Oh yeah...What kinda primer are you using?:D

Welcome, Mike! I'm right up the road from you (and I use to work in Irving), so lets hook up and I'll buy you some good Tex Mex here shortly.

Welcome again to VAF and congrats on ordering your -10 tail.

Best,
Doug

Well, I guess I've joined the big boys. My tail kit is on the way. This is my first RV so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mike Strube
MikeInIrving
Irving, Texas
mike.strube at gmail.com

Congrats to your decision. I also just started my build and am just finishing up the horizontal stabilizer. This forum has been a great help to me, use it often.

Me too

Hey guys -

I just ordered empennage today. I have been watching my online bank report to see if they actually got my order. Vans is like most companies and hit your charge asap.

Anyhow - I happen to be about 356 degrees and a thousand miles north. I used to fly down your way commercially so I know Irving fairly well. Tex/Mex.

Im a newbie too so Ill be watching as well. No salt in MN so I'm done with the primer discussion. My cessna has no primer at all and passes every annual. what a blessing to be government approved........

Talk later!

Sotes - (tail feathers) yeah! I can say it now!

Welcome from another Metromesser, but a little SW in Granbury. I'm fix'n to hang my engine and we have 2 completed 10s flying here at Pecan Plantation (0TX1). Come visit!

Back