What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Builder here!! - Texas

Garrett3374

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Garrett and I will be starting a new RV7 project this May. Right now I am preparing my place to build it along with a continuation of research on the RV's that I am sure will continue throughout the years to come as I dive into this adventure. I look forward to meeting people along the way and sharing ideas, along with tips and tricks from the ones that have "Been there, Done that" group.

Flying is a major passion of mine and I hope that the RV will expand the rhelms of flight beyond what I can even imagine.

If your ever in the Granbury, TX area with your RV, I would sure love to see it. Drop by KGDJ, pull up to the Sky-Tec Plant and come on in for a tour.

Thanks for all the great information that everybody has provided!!

Last edited:
Was it working at Sky-Tec or the Purleboard talk that got you over here?

Actually a little of both...That and flying in a RV6.... After I figure the cost and time to build the "other" plane, i knew when it was finished that I would eventually want something better.... SO I decided to spend the extra money and time up front and then have something that I would be happy with from now on.

RV's in Granbury

Talk to the folks at Sky-Tec. Lot of the workers there live in the middle of lots of RV's at Pecan Plantation

Talk to the folks at Sky-Tec. Lot of the workers there live in the middle of lots of RV's at Pecan Plantation

Since I work at Sky-Tec....Some of those guys actually have convinced me to go the RV route instead of what I was planning on doing. The main thing I like about the RV aircraft is the popylarity of them and the abundance. I am sure if I ever have a problem, then its just a matter of a phone call away to help find the answer....

Same goes for when its all done....Im sure there is somebody close with an RV that you can go fly with!!! Not too many people I know of turn down a chance to get together and enjoy a passion together shared by so many...

Welcome aboard

Garrett

Congrats on the decision to build an RV. It is one that you will not regret. I'm on the opposite side of Dallas, bout 15 miles east of Rockwall. If you every have any questions or concerns, you have come to the right place.

Good luck.
Marc

Back