What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Airplane

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
After 11 years (and 15 years of college tuition) N677AT got its airworthy certificate today. Can't wait to fly her!

ADCreHfT2oWTuRwdEbkoJ9Tf_K4o5J3UlRrBYQTDYNgM4dl6zeDBU2JY19TE1BzIgvmM4kVIkidE7sXzSGp6cfsloW3S_vwybbwbu79nX0z7ce1PveaLSdA=w2400

Congratulations Tom!

11 years... that's about right... finish Phase One and head my way :)

Attachments

• Tom - 1.jpeg
    Tom - 1.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 61
Congratulations! Are you doing the first flight or do you have an experienced test pilot lined up?

Still deciding

Congratulations! Are you doing the first flight or do you have an experienced test pilot lined up?

Hi Dave,

Thanks - still deciding. I have a CFI near me with a 7 who is going to give me transition training. He and I may take advantage of the Additional Pilot Program and do the first flights together.

Congrats. I keep thinking my build will be 7-8 years but I could be closer to your timeframe in the end. Jealous of your progress.

Keep going

Congrats. I keep thinking my build will be 7-8 years but I could be closer to your timeframe in the end. Jealous of your progress.

While I started it 11 years ago, I didn't work on it for 11 years. Life and 15 years of college tuitions got in the way. You'll get there, don't focus on the end, just keep adding parts and one day they'll all be gone and you'll have an airplane!

Congratulations!!

You are going to love flying the -9A. I'm constantly reminded of what a great airplane it is. It just does so many things well.

After 11 years (and 15 years of college tuition) N677AT got its airworthy certificate today. Can't wait to fly her!

ADCreHfT2oWTuRwdEbkoJ9Tf_K4o5J3UlRrBYQTDYNgM4dl6zeDBU2JY19TE1BzIgvmM4kVIkidE7sXzSGp6cfsloW3S_vwybbwbu79nX0z7ce1PveaLSdA=w2400

Back