What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Scan of Drawing 1 for Paint Design

Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone made a bitmap scan of RV-12 Drawing 1 at a large scale? (This is the plan and elevation drawing of the entire aircraft at 1/16 scale.) Since it shows every seam and rivet, I thought it would be great to use as a layer in a paint program, then use other layers to try alternative designs to a pretty good accuracy.

I've done this with good results using a much smaller drawing in one of the pdf files from Vans - my scanner is too small for this large one though.

Thanks - Bill H.
Finished the tail, wings and fuselage kits arrive Friday!

From an AutoCad drawing which I have been working with I have saved the 3 views as a bitmap (minus the wing on the side view). If I can figure out how to post it for a download I'll do it.

Drawing 1

I used a scan of 05-03 for the rough layout. In fact I used Tony's photo as a base layer in a paint program and overlaid my scheme on a test for it, But Drawing 1 shows every seam and rivet and since I intend to paint it piecemeal, that would provide for more accurate layout of some things. I live in Nowheresville but if I get to a big town sometime soon I'll take Drawing 1 with me; I imagine Kinko's can scan it.

Please email me the bitmap from autocad - to billhollifield AT iname DOT COM Thanks!

I have scanned DRAWING 1 as a black and white bitmap. I made it into a full top view (both wings) and a side view. It is a hi-rez scan of about 3300x5500 pixels. It zips to about 450KB. I will email it to anyone that wants it. It is very helpful for laying out a paint scheme using a paint=type program. A good multilayer version is Paint.net. To get the scan, email me at billhollifield AT iname "dotcom"

Back