What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Replacement RV-7A Fuel Tank

Mitch757

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My neighbor has a leak in his new-build fuel tank and refuses to build another one. Does anyone know where he could purchase a completed tank?

Thanks,

Mitch Garner
RV-4 flying

RE:Fun with Proseal

My neighbor has a leak in his new-build fuel tank and refuses to build another one. Does anyone know where he could purchase a completed tank?

Thanks,

Mitch Garner
RV-4 flying

Hi Mitch

Maybe there is a brave soul that loves to have fun with proseal that would build the tank for him.

I will build them if I should build another RV. It wa a bit messy but not anymore difficult than the other booogy men RV parts to fabricate.

Kind of curious....One tank leaks...where...how much....The tank probably could be salvaged. The other tank has no leaks????? Yes/No?

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Phase 1

Replacement Tank

Mitch -

I'd be happy to build one for him.
Contact info below.

Thanks all,

My friend found the leak in the capitance connector at the tank bulkhead. He surmises that the o-ring on the mating connector will seal it...(He hopes).

I'll forward your offers to him though.

Thanks a bunch,

Mitch Garner
RV-4 flying

leak check

Tell him do a temp install on everything and see if it holds pressure. if it doesn't better to fix it sooner than later. in order to find a leak mix some water with DAWN dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle and while keeping about 3 psi in the tank spray the outside of tank along seams and fasteners to see where the leak is. Only a little soap is needed and don't overpressureize because with too much pressure the air will blow the bubbles away from the solution and you will never see bubbles. If he can get to it, scrap sealant and reseal with PR 1826 sealant (B 1/4 (15 min cure time or B 1/2 (30 minute cure time) then after it cure checks good repressurize. If in an impossible spot and a small class A leak (really small lose of pressure) you can use double bubble epoxy and apply to outside of tank for a temporary repair, but you won't find leak again. lol

My job is Aircraft Fuel Systems Repair BTW.

PR 1826 sealant

...... If he can get to it, scrap sealant and reseal with PR 1826 sealant (B 1/4 (15 min cure time or B 1/2 (30 minute cure time) then after it cure checks good repressurize. ......

My job is Aircraft Fuel Systems Repair BTW.

Does anyone have some of this just sitting around not being used and would you want to mail it to me? This stuff is $100 a whack and I just need a little dab!

Back