What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need pictures of Fairings Etc main gear 7a fairing install

BillSchlatterer

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am having a little trouble visualizing how the Fairings Etc main gear intersection (fuse side) fits. You are not supposed to have to trim them much and mine look like they will have a lot of wing interference and need a lot trimming around the wing root.

Looking for some install pictures of anyone using Bobs fairings. I really like the product, just not sure about the fit. Might have got conventional gear by mistake but they do say 6a and 7a on them.

Thanks

Bill S
7a finishing

Here's what mine looks like, I bought it from Bob. Notice there's a subtle lip where it overlaps the fuselage. If your farings don't have that...I'd give him a call...

Thanks Bob, that was just what I needed to see. Mine looks just like yours from the front so I probably do have the right set and I can see that they won't need much trim at all.

Thanks again

Bill S
7a Finishing ever so slowly

Just started to fit my upper leg fairings (Fairings Etc) and they do have the subtle lip Bob refers to, but not near high enough to come close to meeting the root fairing. I would have to add 3/8 inch or so!

Did I do something wrong when building the root fairing or is the lip simply too short?

If I lay a straight edge along the wing and across the fairing, they are in a straight line which is what I thought would be the correct.

Thanks, Larry

Larry, I think that is normal.

I placed some packing tape between the fairings and the plane and than built up with flox in the gaps. After the flox was hard, I just sanded to get a nice fit.

Kent

Back