What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need picture of OAT probe

Paris12Man

Well Known Member
Hello, can someone who has not yet installed their OAT probe take a picture of it for me and post it. I need to see the wires attaching to the back side of the probe. I have a problem with mine, and before I remove the wing and panel to reach it, I was hoping to see it in a picture.

My problem is that the probe is reading about 50 degrees too warm :confused:. If you touch it with an ice cube, it does respond by lowing the temp, but not all the way down. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.:)

Thanks, Steve

9 pin

Thanks Joe for the info. The 9-pin connector has already been looked at yesterday and wires look good. With the tools at hand, we tried to do the electrical checks you mentioned in your post. The results were 0. However, as I indicated above, the unit does give a temperature but it is wrong and it does respond to an Ice cube. I think the probe is bad, and I wanted to see what the wiring looks like on the back side of the probe for replacement issues. Maybe Dynon will have some pictures or information when I call them on Monday. Steve

No splice at probe

Steve,
I believe that the cable exits the probe and is continuous all of the way to the remote compass with no splices. My memory is not as good as it used to be. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Joe

Back