What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Length of Aileron Pushrod Travel-RV9

USCANAM

Well Known Member
In the process of installing the Auto Pilot servo for the aileron. Am trying to keep the servo in the fuselage, and need the true travel length of an aileron pushrod when it is attached to the wing mechanism and aileron. I don't have my wings on at this time, so cannot get the measurement. This will tell me how much movement I need for the servo arm, and whether it will be even possible to install it where I'd like to.
Right now the connecting arm that links the two sticks together move about 5.5 inches measured at the bolt hole for the aileron pushrod, but I know there is not that much travel when the ailerons are fully attached.
Thanks
Jack

My servo's on the wing tip, however, with your aileron attached, you can just move it to it's published maximum up and down range. This would give you the total length of movement.

At least that's how I did it with wings off.

L.Adamson

L.Adamson said:
My servo's on the wing tip, however, with your aileron attached, you can just move it to it's published maximum up and down range. This would give you the total length of movement.

At least that's how I did it with wings off.

L.Adamson
Thanks L, but at this time my wings are hanging in the rafters in the garage, and the ailerons are still safely wrapped.
Basically, I just need someone with a plane that has it's wings on, and access to either a aileron pushrod, or the connecting tube between the two sticks, to measure the total lateral movement of these rods. This will give me some idea of what holes in the servo arm (Blue Mountain) to use.
Thanks
Jack

Back