What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need instructions for Crotch Strap Kit

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Somehow I lost the instructions that came with my Crotch Strap Kit that came with the fuselage kit. Does anyone have a copy that they could scan and email me? I would appreciate any help I could get.

Fabricflyer

Yep, just getting ready to install mine as well. PM me your email address and I'll get them to you.

Hint for installing support

I don't have a copy of the instructions but I do have hint when you do this. If you're using the stock belts than Van's sells, the distance (fore/aft) between the supports as shown on the instructions works fine.

However, if you use something like the belts from Hooker, you need a little more space for the bushing that's in the mounting hole of the Hooker crotch strap. It's probably worth buying your belts and getting the exact right dimension before you rivet both supports in place.

That's some great information there, Rick. Wonder if anyone knows the correct spacing for a Crow 5-pt harness. More digging on VAF is in order.

My bushings on my Hookers were 3/8" for the crouch strap belt. Also, the mounting hole for the busing needs to be moved offset and down to work right.

Last edited:
Back