What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help with Stratux Raspberry Pi 3 B

FireMedic_2009

Well Known Member
I've had my Stratux for 2 yrs or so and hardwired it to an AFS-5600 into one of the RS-232 ports. About a yr ago the wifi seemed to stop working but I didn't care because just connected my iPad to the the AFS-5600 wifi. Now that the AHRS from the G5 can be used as a backup by connecting it to the EFIS I want to use the RS-232 port that the Stratux is using because all the other RS-232 ports on the EFIS is being used. I believe my RSP 3 board is a B but it might be a B+.

It's been over two yrs that I've messed with the SD card on the Stratux and I'm wanting to connect a usb wifi dongle (I assume the onboard wifi no longer works) wifi to the Stratux but need help in which wifi dongle brand to get that's compatible with RSP 3 as well as how to install the dongle s/w onto the SD card in order for the Stratux to use the dongle. I've seen several YouTube videos but I don't quite understand everything and don't want to spend 8 - 12 hrs experimenting / trial and error like I did last time.

Thanks,
Daren
[email protected]

Last edited:
Stratux

I've had my Stratux for 2 yrs or so and hardwired it to an AFS-5600 into one of the RS-232 ports. About a yr ago the wifi seemed to stop working but I didn't care because just connected my iPad to the the AFS-5600 wifi. Now that the AHRS from the G5 can be used as a backup by connecting it to the EFIS I want to use the RS-232 port that the Stratux is using because all the other RS-232 ports on the EFIS is being used. I believe my RSP 3 board is a B but it might be a B+.

It's been over two yrs that I've messed with the SD card on the Stratux and I'm wanting to connect a usb wifi dongle (I assume the onboard wifi no longer works) wifi to the Stratux but need help in which wifi dongle brand to get that's compatible with RSP 3 as well as how to install the dongle s/w onto the SD card in order for the Stratux to use the dongle. I've seen several YouTube videos but I don't quite understand everything and don't want to spend 8 - 12 hrs experimenting / trial and error like I did last time.

Thanks,
Daren
[email protected]

Why not just replace the RPi3 board itself? The Stratux is compatible with the 3B, not the 3B+, so you'll need to be sure to find one of those which are getting slightly hard to find but are still out there.

Skylor

I have one of those....

I was just going to post a note in the FS thread for a free Stratux I made a few years ago. I drop last week in my hangar - before that it worked fine. It has the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Motherboard and GPS and WiFi dongles. If anyone likes to tinker with this stuff and would like it for the cost of shipping ($15), you can have it. Otherwise my friends from Harvey will take it away.

DON'T SEND ME A PM - use the send Email function under my username.

RP.jpg

Back