What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help with RV-10 parts today ASAP

vic syracuse

Well Known Member
I need some help from someone who might have their RV-10 under construction but not on the gear yet. Specifically I need:

WD-1016-PC and WD-1015-PC, and the Lord Mounts J-11968-14 (4) and AN5-16A.
Van's is backordered for weeks. These are for the nose gear. Carol's mom died last night and I need to get these installed so I can head up there.

I will pay overnight shipping and replace them as soon as Van's get's them in stock, or I will buy yours. Your choice.

Sincerest thanks.

For those wondering why I need them, it appears that I have some wear in the weldment, probably from flying on grass.

Vic

404-307-5133 c
770-898-2222 h

Last edited:
Vic, what kind of wear are you seeing? When my nose wheel is off the ground, there is a small amount of play, but in talking with Vans this is most likely just the movement of the VA-143 bushing between the WA-1016 and the WD-1017 (nose gear leg).

Interesting

That is exactly what I am seeing, and I thought the bushing was bad, so I replaced it, but it seems to still be a loose fit, so I thought it was wearing. I do have some cracking at the ring at the top, and I see the top lord mount is separated a little from the bonded washer. Perhaps I don't need to replace the weldment, just the lord mounts. Spruce might have them.
Gus at Van's tells me they have seen the cracking on 4 other RV-10's. I have about 800 hours on mine, with no hard landings (yes, I would admit it), but live a relatively smooth grass strip. I have kept the Lord mounts tight. I jack the tail up so that the airplane is almost standing on its nose when I put the spacers in.

Thanks.

Vic

Back