What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help with P/N for Horizon Instruments 336 series oil pressure gage transducer

WA85

Well Known Member
I have an RV-6 that has a Horizon Instruments model 336 series digital oil pressure gage. It was indicating normally and then started displaying 300 psi instead of 85 psi. The transducer is suspect, however I contacted Horizon Instruments and they said they have no parts or data on the 336 series gages.
Does anybody have a line on where a replacement oil pressure transducer can be found for the Horizon 336 series digital oil pressure gage?

I found this link to the guy that supposedly designed the 336 series instruments.

http://www.tkes.biz/

You might contact him directly.

It is also quite likely that it is a standard VDO or Westach sender. Consult their online info and compare photos and part numbers.

Jim Butcher

I was able to contact Tom Kelly directly and he is coordinating getting the oil pressure instrument and sensor checked / repaired by Horizon.

Thanks again for the info, it just proves that you can solve almost any RV problem by reaching out to the folks on VAF.

Back