What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Help, Page Field, Fl

newtech

Well Known Member
Patron
We are in Fort Myers Beach for another week before flying back to cold Indiana. We flew my RV-7A to Sebring today and when landing back at Page Field my right brake picked that time to expose the O ring due to brake linings being too worn. You know the drill, brake fluid all over the ramp and doing donuts for all to see :eek:

Are there any RVers based at Page Field that might be able to help with riveting new pads on? Will get new pads ordered Monday so should have them Tuesday. Digging through the archives brought up the part number for Viton O rings MS28775-218 so will track those down locally.

Thanks,
Steve Eberhart
812-422-4525
Staying in Fort Myers Beach and plane is tied down at Base Ops Page Field.

Hollywood FL

I am at HWO and plan to go to Sebring Saturday. Can take 1 or 2 sets of pads and rivets with me. If someone visiting Sebring is going to or close to Page I will transfer the parts to them at Sebring. If no one is; I will try to go to Page on Sunday. There is an EAA chapter nearby at Punta Gorda, FL. Maybe some one there can help. But I will be the backup. My cell is 9546513000.
Please call me early Sunday morning if aid is not committed by then.
And call anytime as well. I only get the weekends off, so not much help on weekdays.
Dale
RV6a N18XP

Ill de at Sebring on sat.. Im flying back to pgd and I work in fort myers by page andcan drop the stuff off on monday mornimg.
Jesse 832-603-6696

Airworthy again

I have new pads riveted and ready to install tomorrow. Special thanks to DR for making this great communication media available to all of us. And special thanks to Bary Marz for calling and actually doing the work rebuilding my brake pads. He has a beautiful home on an airpark just north of Page field and had us fixed up and on our way in short order. Found out that he was actually at Indiana State University at the same time my wife and I were there. Small world.

Again, thanks DR, Bary and all the other RVers that called with offers of help. Sure reinforces my decision to build an RV in the first place.

Another FYI, we've found a serious defect in the Cleveland Pistons RV's use that can cause serious problems. It has been reported to Parker, we'll see what they come of the situation as to an answer to the problem and will advise. :)

Back