What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help on aft fuse top skins

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
On page 8-11 of my instruction book, it says to cut to size and fit the 6111 ribs to the front edge of the forward top skin on the aft fuselage, this is the 7112 skin (I have a slider), and the instructions say to reference Drawing 41. I looked through all my drawings, and I don't have a drawing 41. I found the two ribs in question, and I think I have a good idea of how they go into place and need to be trimmed - but I'm not sure. There may be something that needs to be trimmed a certain way for a later step that I'm not aware of.

So, 2 questions...

First - does drawing 41 usually come with the finish kit, or have others received it with the fuse kit?
Second - can someone please send me some photos or descriptions of their build on this part so I make sure I don't screw the pooch in the absence of drawing 41?

This is how mine came out:
dsc00282.jpg

I just got my finish kit a few weeks back and yes, DWG 41 is the first drawing that comes with the finish kit. I haven't gotten as far as you have yet. There is a miniature drawing of DWG 41 in your instructional manual. It should be readable enough to help you out.

Here's a photo of my left 6111:
http://www.aclog.com/rv-9a/images/Fuselage/DSC_0146.JPG

I made mine very close to the bulkhead at the top. In hind sight, I wish I'd done them more like the photo posted earlier because I am using the interior package from ClassicAero. The upper baggage panel conflicts with my 6111 installation, so I will need to trim them at the top to fit the upper baggage panel.

I just got my finish kit a few weeks back and yes, DWG 41 is the first drawing that comes with the finish kit. I haven't gotten as far as you have yet. There is a miniature drawing of DWG 41 in your instructional manual. It should be readable enough to help you out.

There is no miniature drawing of DWG 41 in my 9A fuse instructions, maybe in the finish (which I don't have yet), but not in the fuse. It's one of those minor irritations in life that the instructions for the fuse would reference a blueprint that is shipped with the finish kit - maybe that's why they included a miniature drawing on later instruction sets? I ordered my fuse kit 2-28-09, is yours later than mine?

Back