What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need good annual condition checklist

dwilson

Well Known Member
Hi all,
N32LK is now 1 year old. She has 265 hours on her and it is time for me to do the annual inspection.

Does anyone have a good check list for a 9A?

I have cobbled together a list from various sources including my own brain, but would love to have a real list to refer to.

Thanks,
Duane

Along similar lines, I was thinking about something the other day. Every aircraft has its strengths and weaknesses. The key to a successful annual is to know the aircraft and its weaknesses and, at a minimum, check those areas.

I'm sure, in all the posts to this forum, that there must be a list that could be made of such specific areas. Are there areas where RV's have tended to show up cracks? corrosion? premature failures of Van's (or others') standard equipment? bolts and or connections that have a tendency to loosen?

Anybody take the time to go through and compile such a list? I would think it would be a key element of an annual inspection and might be something we would want to check more often for some items.

Thanks Ted

I really have enjoyed the first year. And I have a very supportive wife that likes to fly with me. We have had some great trips and more planned.

This machine is more about relationships for us than it is about just flying. That is what has made her so supportive!

Duane

Along similar lines, I was thinking about something the other day. Every aircraft has its strengths and weaknesses. The key to a successful annual is to know the aircraft and its weaknesses and, at a minimum, check those areas.

I'm sure, in all the posts to this forum, that there must be a list that could be made of such specific areas. Are there areas where RV's have tended to show up cracks? corrosion? premature failures of Van's (or others') standard equipment? bolts and or connections that have a tendency to loosen?

Anybody take the time to go through and compile such a list? I would think it would be a key element of an annual inspection and might be something we would want to check more often for some items.

Watch the posts, hang out with your RV buddies and talk, you will build a mental list of those common items. I am doing my CI as we speak, and with all of the fine lists I have seen, I ended up making my own as I go, to match my airplane and its unique build. I will use the other lists to cross check.

Back