What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need FF Part number

Does anyone by chance happen to know the part number for the firesleeved fuel line that goes from the fuel injector spider to the throttle body? It's an aeroquip hose that is firesleeved, but with the brown firesleeving as opposed to the orange one. I am pretty sure the part number is in the plans somewhere, but I don't have them in front of me, and the electronic copy I have doesn't have that section in it.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

That's part of the fuel injection system and comes with the engine. No Van's part number. I don't have the 540 yet and I doubt the AFP part number for my 360 will help you.

If you measure it out, you can get one from Don at airflow for less than the cost of of parts to build it yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks.... Actually I was thinking of sending it back to Vans for a credit...but I was trying to determine where I got it from. For some reason, I have two of them...one that was, a installed on the engine when I received it, and one from????

Ok, now you've got me wondering (and I hope one of the flying RV-10 guys weighs in); I'd like to see pictures of what you have. Again, I don't have a 540 so I am probably way off base here, but my 360 only had the one that came with the AFP kit, and it had normal firesleeve. The only brown hose I had was the flex oil line for the prop governor, but that was clearly not firesleeve - it's more of a rubber coating for the hose.

Anyway, I'd keep the pre-installed hose and query the place you got the engine from about the 'extra'.

Ok, now you've got me wondering (and I hope one of the flying RV-10 guys weighs in); I'd like to see pictures of what you have. Again, I don't have a 540 so I am probably way off base here, but my 360 only had the one that came with the AFP kit, and it had normal firesleeve. The only brown hose I had was the flex oil line for the prop governor, but that was clearly not firesleeve - it's more of a rubber coating for the hose.

Brown hoses are 124J hoses and include an integral firesleeve which in many ways is far superior to the plain 124 hoses with external (orange) firesleeve.

The fuel servo to spider hose is not part of the Vans FF kit. It is considered part of the engine. Did you also purchase an engine from Vans or is this possibly the (VA-102) fuel pressure hose?

Back