What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need dimpling advice

Rainmaker

I got ahead of myself and riveted the aft fuse without drilling and dimpling the prepunched hole for the ADEL camp screw at the rudder cable exit. So what trick would you recommend I use to dimple the hole now that I can't use a normal squeezer? Here's a pic for reference:

15gxmz8.jpg

If this is already covered in a thread, my apologies in advance. I've looked on the forums and didn't find any info.

But of course!

Ha, that was fast! Smacking hand to forehead now. I didn't think the tool guys had a #8 screw dimple set. But of course they would! I am sure this is gonna come up down the road again so probably just bite the bullet and order one. It'll be good excuse to order more tidbits anyway :).

Thanks Alton.

We got way beyond that - was gluing the exit covers on and thought - what's that hole for ?

Fortunately Gorilla glue works just as well as an Adel clamp :eek:

dimpling

I used the Avery C frame riveter pin and male dimple die on outside, then put the female dimple die into a small wood block taped to a bucking bar on the inside. Then strike the C frame pin with a soft mallet. You need a helper for the procedure but it works for this or any other location you may need to dimple.

Mark
RV-7A flying.

Back