What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

need advice on mounting horizontal stabilizer

brian

Well Known Member
Due to distractions on FWF problems, it's been 6 years since I rigged my tail then removed the parts. Now, I'm getting stuck on the first step in final-mounting it.

DWG 27A Detail B shows how the fwd part of the HS mounts, but it looks incorrect - HS-614 Attach Angle (presumably the same part as HS-714 Splice Angle shown on DWG 3) mounting doesn't make sense.

I understand the vertical bolt shown, but I don't understand the horizontal bolt shown in Detail B. There's no bolt or hole there; that piece is riveted to the HS.

Is Detail B just wrong?

And while I can figure out what bolt length to use for the vertical bolt, drawings 27A and 3 don't seem to specify what bolts to use for any of the mounting. Is that info on another drawing?

thanks,
brian

And while I can figure out what bolt length to use for the vertical bolt, drawings 27A and 3 don't seem to specify what bolts to use for any of the mounting. Is that info on another drawing?

never mind on this question - i found the info in the iso dwg on 27a. I guess I'm a bit rusty on the plans - I haven't looked at them in over 4 years, due to just focusing on engine problems.

Back