What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nav/strobe combinations

Hornet2008

Well Known Member
I'm not good with this electrical stuff. I'm leaning towards the strobe kit # 7 at ACS. Nav/strobe position lights, vertical tail light with remote power supply. The strobe kit # 6 kit has independent power supplies. Has anyone fitted these to a 9?

You might want to hold off on that decision

I feel I made a mistake by deciding on a strobe-nav light combo at an early stage in construction. Now, led technology has made my earlier decision a little outmoded. By the time you are ready to taxi, they will probably come out with cold fusion powered dilithium crystal lights. So my new rule is to spend not on anything powered by electrons until the last minute.

Nav/Strobe Combinations

I'll go with Steve! I have the single powerpack Whelan(on my 9) with the power supply recessed in the baggage floor, which works well. However, I bought it long ago and am stuck with it due to the $$$$s spent. I'll send you some pictures if you like.You have plenty of time to decide.
Terry

Last edited:
Also ...

....doesn't seem like you need to make that decision at this stage of your build. The only thing you might be considering now is wiring the wings, but even that doesn't force you to pick a nav-strobe product at this point. It's tempting to peruse all the available goodies and "plan" your airplane, but the point above about waiting to make electron decisions is right-on.

Back