What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nav/Position/Strobe Lights for RVs

jpharrell

Well Known Member
I am researching nav/position/strobe lights for my RV7A project and I was wondering does anyone have experience with the Aveo Engineering LED products? I'm considering two of the AveoFlashLP nav/position/strobes in the wing tips and a PosiStrobeXP on the rudder bottom. Has anyone out there used these or have you found something you like better? I'm just starting the wing build so I have some time to make a final decision.

I have the Aveo Engineering AveoFlashLP Ultras in my RV-7A wingtips and the PosiStrobeXP in the rudder bottom. I love them - they're bright, small and very light. The only knockoff I have is with the PosiStrobeXP - I have to turn on the Nav light to get the tail strobe to work. It's strange because I can then turn off the Nav lights and the strobe will keep working. There's no problem with the wingtip nav/strobes. They may have fixed this in the current product but I don't know. They are very easy to install, wire and draw almost no current. I wouldn't let the PosiStrobeXP problem keep me from buying these - they great!
Danny
RV-7A N625DB - 10 hours to go in Phase 1

I am researching nav/position/strobe lights for my RV7A project and I was wondering does anyone have experience with the Aveo Engineering LED products? I'm considering two of the AveoFlashLP nav/position/strobes in the wing tips and a PosiStrobeXP on the rudder bottom. Has anyone out there used these or have you found something you like better? I'm just starting the wing build so I have some time to make a final decision.

Great stuff

I have them for my new plane. I will be doing the beta testing for wing tip mounting system for RV's for the new AveoMax 6 in 1 lighting system.

The lights are extremely bright and exceed FAA standards for lighting. I believe they are the only ones that do. They are extremely well built and have lifetime guarantee.

The website is the company web site. No prices are listed because they are World Wide. Check with one of the distributors for pricing in the US.

I can tell you they are very competitively priced, considering the product, FAA compliance and guarantee.

When deciding the light/strobe setup for my -8A, these were not available.
The wingtips on the -8 do not allow the all in one light like the early
tips (no tail light). I put two strobe power packs at the tips and just left
a position light at the rudder bottom (no strobe). Finally a solution to
my strobeless tail!

Is the installation as easy as it seems? Just replace the tail light and have
both position and strobe?

You should also look at the AeroLEDs. They have the combo units now and they're VERY bright.

There's a link on the left side of this page, down a little.

I like it....

Spruce had the PosiStrobe XP in stock and so I bought one and installed it this morning. Very cool unit. It was a simple swap for my tail light. Because
I don't have a stobe lead to the tail, I combined the Yellow strobe wire and
the red position wire to the nav light lead. At condition inspection time
I will run a strobe lead. But for now the stobe and Nav light come on
when the Nav light switch is on. These unit are so cool I may replace
my wing tip strobe/nav with these units.

Back