What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nashville area help

rglick

Well Known Member
My wife and I are Flying from Wisconsin to Nashville Saturday the 29th for my inlaws 50th. wedding aniversery and need a little advise on where to fly into. None of the family is from the Nashville area so everyone is coming in from all around to surprise them while they are there visiting. I was thinking Cornelia Fort Airpark (M88). We will depart Sunday late afternoon. Our Hotel is on the North side of BNA but would rather not fly in there. Any assistance or if you have hangar space available near by, please let us know.

Thanks

Nashville Help

Cornelia Fort may not be a good choice. Not sure of their current situation after being flooded.
BNA is okay. I get treated better in my RV than do a lot of jet aircraft.
Feel free to give me a call tomorrow. 615-584-8540.

Randy - how is John C Tune

Cornelia Fort may not be a good choice. Not sure of their current situation after being flooded.
BNA is okay. I get treated better in my RV than do a lot of jet aircraft.
Feel free to give me a call tomorrow. 615-584-8540.

...airport for a 2-3 day stopover?

It's on my planned route for a July vacation trip (spouse wants music and Mississippi history..:)...) - and I just need a good tie-down and easy rental car...

She is also talking about going to Rosine - do you know anything about the facilities at 7K4 (Ohio Co.), or is Owensboro the best bet in that area of TN?

Thanks for any local advice you can give - gil A

Rosine, KY

Ohio County is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but very close to Rosine, KY
The guy that runs the airport is the KY area DAR and runs a maintenance hanger there. His name is Ron Fortener call him with any questions you have.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/7K4

Cornelia Fort was pretty much destroyed under 6-10 feet of water about 2 weeks ago. Don't think you'll find anything there. Last I heard the airport was NOTAM'd closed.

Tune is the best bet.

Signature Flight Support - Highly Recommended

I have been using Signature at BNA regularly.

Great people, $7 tie down fee for overnight stay, and if you purchased 6 gallons, there is no landing fee.

Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise will all drop a car at Signature and they will drive the car right up to your airplane.

Mark Scheuer
Knoxville, TN

My wife and I are Flying from Wisconsin to Nashville Saturday the 29th for my inlaws 50th. wedding aniversery and need a little advise on where to fly into. None of the family is from the Nashville area so everyone is coming in from all around to surprise them while they are there visiting. I was thinking Cornelia Fort Airpark (M88). We will depart Sunday late afternoon. Our Hotel is on the North side of BNA but would rather not fly in there. Any assistance or if you have hangar space available near by, please let us know.

Thanks

Thanks....

for all your responses. We really appreciate it!! For now, Randy Hooper will be helping us out at BNA. Thanks again Randy.

FYI, we are based at KETB and very close flying/driving distance from OSH so if anyone needs an alternate location during the show, feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

Back