What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Narco dies.. What to replace it with?

Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys-

Our Narco is toast and we're looking to replace it with something.. Kinda want to stay away from Narco since it seems they are hit and miss from what we have read..

Anyone have any suggestions? I am currently typing on the phone and can't search to well.. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling.. :)

Thanks guys

Look at the Icom A210. They are good radios with good features and an even better price.

Depends,

Are we talking radio, transponder, encoder, ELT?

Radio.............Garmin
Transponder...Garmin
Encoder..........Pretty much anything
ELT.................Haven't really looked into the new ones

My $.02

Look at the Icom A210. They are good radios with good features and an even better price.

I like the Icom 210 also. And I like the Garmin SL-40 too, as I have both. The 210 is hard to beat for the price & both have 2nd frequency monitoring.

L.Adamson

210!!

Another vote for the 210. Despite all of the flaming about the dual watch feature (which has been addressed with a software update) I couldn't be happier with mine. Have used 200's and the 210, and can say they are reliable as a hammer, and offer great bang for the buck. One negative. The display is still not quite up to par in direct sunlight, but very legible if the sun is not cast directly on the display. If you want a nav-com, SL-30 is hard to beat. Hope someday Icom gets a Nav radio in their lineup.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks guys..

I'll check the 210 out might make for a good backup.. We need a nav/com to replace the Mk12D+...

Back