What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

narco 810/intercom connect help!!!!!!!!!!!

almarsh

Well Known Member
i wired my softcom intercom and all works fine per headsets, my issue is with the narco 810 following the schematic for each when radio is wired the intercom works , can hear local traffic, but cant transmitt out ,when i push ptt i hear carrier but cant transmitt.
i can hear transmission from hand held unit. Any help or suggestions this is frustrating im not an elecrtician yet!

thanks anyone,
allen

i wired my softcom intercom and all works fine per headsets, my issue is with the narco 810 following the schematic for each when radio is wired the intercom works , can hear local traffic, but cant transmitt out ,when i push ptt i hear carrier but cant transmitt.
i can hear transmission from hand held unit. Any help or suggestions this is frustrating im not an elecrtician yet!

thanks anyone,
allen

Is the mic line wired correctly & securely from the intercom to the 810? How about from the headset to the intercom?

What kind of intercom?

The fact that you can hear the carrier means the PTT is keying the transmitter. What is not happening is you are not getting the audio to the 810. Some intercomms need the key for the PTT to go through the intercom so the audio is routed out to the radio. If you can talk back and forth between the two headsets normally, then check the wiring of the audio lead between the intercom and the radio. If that checks out, try borrowing a ptt switch and plug it into the intercom and plug the headset into that and try again. Hope you can find the answer. As they say your milage may vary!
Paul

narco help

well thanks all for help finally took to avionics shop to check out they deemed it to have a bad transmitter thats why all else worked now the question is where and who can repair it now that narco is offically out of buisness, anyone have an idea.

[email protected]

Back