What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NACA Question

Rick6a

Well Known Member
As the time draws near to rivet the bottom wing skins in place, it occurs to me that no parts are included in the wing kit nor anything (that I have read at least) is mentioned in the wing kit assembly instructions that address the NACA cutouts on the inboard bottom skins. What am I missing?
fueltanks213102va.jpg

I THINK that scoops came with the fuselage Rick....I remember a bag of duct kit stuff, like vents, scoops, and hose clamps. It's not hard to reach in through the end rib and glue the scoop inside a finished wing.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Knowing that, I'll just leave the skins off until the fuselage kit arrives. Should be a bit easier to proseal the scoops into place with the skins off.

Had the scoop kit in my hand just last night. Two NACA inlets are supplied, one for the fuselage (front seat) and one for the wing (back seat).

mounted with nutplates.

Because I put a screen on the outlet of the duct, I decided to attach the wing naca duct with screws. Dimpled the skin, countersunk and attached nutplates to the duct. Used #8's because i had #8 nutplates (for dimpled holes). This lets me remove and service the screen if necessary (not likely to need it though). The fuse duct will be JB weld or prosealed on.

Back