What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N94KJ is now flying

kentb

Well Known Member
Sunday morning at 10:30, I got off the ground and flew for about a hour.
Things were mostly normal, but I had a heavy right wing and needed a small right rudder input in level flight.
I was flying wide open for engine break-in. No fairing yet and the instruments are not calibrated so the number don't really mean anything, but to keep someone from asking the speed was 128Kt at 5000 feet.

The finished weight was 1124 lb. This is with the fairings taped to the correct position, so should be close to the finial real weight. The plane is painted with PPG (white) and has IO320 with E.I. on one side. Hartzell CS prop. Classic Aero seats (these are great, but expensive).
The panel has:
BMA EFIS Sport
BMA EFIS Lite
BMA autopilot
AFS engine monitor
AFS AOA Pro
Garmin 430
Garmin SL30
PM6000M audio panel
Narco AT50 transponder
2.25 altimeter
2.25 air speed
Turn cordinator

I will post pictures tonight.

Kent Byerley
FLYING....
5 years 3 months building

Interesting....

Jamie said:
Excellent Job, Kent. Now update that signature!

I edited my signature and now every post I have every made now has the new sig. on it.

This seems a little strange that the post that I created a couple of years ago will now indicate that I am flying.

Sort of miss conveys the knowledge of my previous posts.

Kent

kentb said:
I edited my signature and now every post I have every made now has the new sig. on it. .....snip....
Kent
Congrats Kent! Hope your phase 1 goes swimmingly.

On the auto-sig you are right, it's simple a field in a database that gets applied to the bottom of every post you ever did/do - one reason it's so helpful in conveying the current build status or geographic location (or whatever you want) forum-wide.

Congrats again on your first flight!

b,
d

First Flight

Congrats, Kent !!! I hope you could hear the cheer from all of us Nine builders out here in "drill/debur/dimple" land.

And we're all anxious to hear continuing flight test news, too!

Rupester
Mahomet, IL
N319TE; RV-9A emp.

Back