What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N801VR Out of the Paint Shop

ScottSchmidt

Well Known Member
Sean and Hollie's RV-10 was picked up from Ogden on Sunday and I flew up with Sean to do a little final assembly and get some air-to-air pictures of the finished product. I'll let Sean tell you more about it but wanted to post some pictures of his plane we took on the way back to Skypark. It really turned out great.

IMG3125-X2.jpg

IMG3095-X2.jpg

IMG3135-X2.jpg

IMG3161-X2.jpg

IMG3145-X2.jpg

IMG3173-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Great!

Sharp looking color combination.
Very nice!
Mine is in my paint shop, coming soon.

Beautiful

Looks fantastic. We need to plan a weekend trip to meet up half way to check out each other planes. Could be a good excuse to go to Yellowstone.:) I am sure you can convince Scott to do the same. Bet you are glad to have it back.

Awesome!

Looks great, any chance the paint scheme was inspired by the Honda Jet? I was playing with that idea too. Looking forward to seeing it really soon.

Looking very good.

You RV-10 guys could use the Big Sky Air Race in Three Forks(9S5) Montana as a good meeting place and show off those beautiful 4 place RV's. July 9th is only 1 month away.;)

Nailed it

Looks great, any chance the paint scheme was inspired by the Honda Jet? I was playing with that idea too. Looking forward to seeing it really soon.

hondajetha-420.jpg

IMG3125-M.jpg

Looking very good.

You RV-10 guys could use the Big Sky Air Race in Three Forks(9S5) Montana as a good meeting place and show off those beautiful 4 place RV's. July 9th is only 1 month away.

Wow, that looks fun. We will try and make it.

I thought so.

I toyed with the Honda Jet theme after seeing it at OSH, but couldn't quite visualize how it would shape on the RV-10. I must say I really like how Sean adapted it. My biggest problem was figuring out how to get two fake Jet engines mounted :) I'll have to keep working on mine...

yep

After the HondaJet scheme but added the wingtip colors. Had it done at Straube's Aircraft Services at KOGD. I picked the color from a little paint chip sample and was pleased it turned out as it did. Thanks for the compliments! I just have to finish some interior loose ends and it's all done. I will definitely be at OSH with it this year.

The race in Montana looks fun!! I will try to make it.

Jamie, the top antenna is my GTS800 TAS, (active TCAS) There is also a bottom monopole that goes with it.

I couldn't find any better (company released) photos, but I did manage this one from the public site.

HondaJet_F2_F1_and_POC-320x220.jpg

As long as no one beats me to it, I'm toying with mimicking the silver one.

Back