What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N75W First Flight

weathers

I took N75W to the air Thursday morning for the first time. The flight went great with the only problem being a lost wing root fairing rubber seal (which banged around a second before separating scaring the life out of me). Fortunate enough Danny King flew chase in his "Beautiful Doll" and told me what had happened.

I think the radio transmissions went:
Danny: you hear something banging around?
Jeff: Yeah what was that? (from a nervous pilot)
Danny: you lost the wing root fairing rubber seal. no problems. (laughing)

I would like to thank Doug for coming out and taking some amazing pictures and thank Danny for chasing me. I would also like to thank Alex DeDominicis for some excellent transition training! I don't think I would have felt comfortable without it. www.rvtraining.com

The picture taken below was from my girlfriend, Nikki, in the backseat of Danny's plane when flying chase. Van's designed a great airplane and I can't wait to fly off the first 40 hours!!!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3122/flight004jc0.jpg

flight004jc0.jpg

Congratulations Jeff

I have to say that Jeff's airplane is on of the nicest that I have inspected.

Also like to point out the VERY light weight. This airplane will fly like Van intended it to.

Those of you who know me also know that I don't throw these compliments around unless they are deserved.

Last edited:
Congrats!!

Wow, nice ship! I just finished the Phase 1 time last week, so I know how you feel. It only gets better from this. Enjoy!

Bob Kelly

Congrats!

Nice Ride Jeff. Pics like that keep me going. I noticed the Ga Tech shirt. Do you live in the ATL area? If so, shoot me an email. I would like to come by and take a closer look at your 8. Congrats again!

Congratulations from a fellow Yellow Jacket

Jeff,
Congratulations on a great looking plane and a great looking flight (even your girlfriend looks great). I noticed that you had on a Georgia Tech shirt. Are you an alum? Coincidentally, I am a Tech graduate (BSIMGT 77, yeah, I know, an old fart) and am building an 8A. Your photos and video are a great inspiration. I can't wait for my wife to give me a hug and pat me on the fanny after my first flight. She is a bit older than your girlfriend, but just as cute. Good luck with the test flights. Hope to see you at OSH

Back