What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N712BR Flies!!!

Brambo

Well Known Member
At 0630 this morning with Mike Smith and his RV-7A as safety chase she flew for the first time. Everything went smoothly and she seemed well trimmed (only slightly right wing heavy). The only issue was high CHTs (400-430) which I'm told is normal for a new engine during break-in.

Special thanks to Mike for his help and safety chase. Also, a big thank you to all the forum members that have helped me throughout the build. It's not over yet, but it sure feels good to get to this point.

worklog_image_popup.php

FP19052009A00004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations...

I can't wait myself to get my RV-6A completed so I can join the ranks. By the way, Mike Smith was the one who gave me a ride in his RV-7A when I was out in Henderson to pick up my RV-6A kit. Great guy! I gave him credits on my kitlog website.:):)

Enjoy your ride!!

Way to go. I get mine inspected Saturday. If goes right, than later that day for the flight. Getting excited.

Nice

congratulations......Take a deep breath and enjoy. I am doing the inventory of harware for my RV8 emp kit. Can you remember how long ago that was for you?????? Nice to hear you have it in the air.....

Back