What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N467RV First Engine Start

jrouault

Well Known Member
Patron
I am very happy to report my first engine start went greeat, aside from me reengaging the start button accidentally when it was running:eek: I made a short video of the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LT015b0vp0

The engine is a TMX OF-360 with FADEC

I have a couple of minor issues to work out:
1) Oil pressure transducer is faulty. I had to rig up a mechanical sensor for the start

2) Backup alternator was not showing a charge... have not had a chance to trace that down yet

Jason

Hey Jason:

Congrats on the first engine start! I would remove the starter switch from the stick. I can think of zero reasons that it should be there, and I believe you demonstrated the main reason why it shouldn't. :D For some of our taildragger brethren it may make sense.

I would put it on the panel and put a switch guard on it, but that's just me and of course we're talking about YOUR AIRPLANE.

That fadec'd engine sure did start up nicely! Enjoy and good luck on your upcoming first flight.

Always exciting

Very good. Interested to hear how the FADEC works out.

As a side note, I had that tail number reserved many years ago. It represented my badge number from my law enforcement agency, then RV. Glad to see it was scarfed up!!!!

Back