What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N427TD Airworthiness Inspection

Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
Just completed 26 months of rewarding building and today was the day for the 247th (those who have informed Van's) ) RV-12 to receive the airworthiness certificate..

Thanks to all the members of this forum who made this journey so much easier. Special thanks to Bill Totty, also of St Louis and is just starting his first RV-12 condition inspection, for answering question after question. Bill also shaved at least a month of down time for me by supplying his extra fuel pump when there was not one to be had from the regular channels.

First flight will follow transition training with John Albury (Jetguy) the week of July 12th. Will report back after the first flight. :D

Congratulations!!!

Looks like a fine job. Definitely get that transition training. It will fly like a dream but you'll really be surprised at how slow your speed is on final!

Wayne 120241/143WM

Thanks Wayne and Bob!

Frank Baldwin is a local DAR who is well versed in RVs'. He owns an RV-8 and does travel to perform inspections. He has a long aviation history beginning with helicopters in Vietnam through commercial aviation.

Frank is heavily involved in the Young Eagles and has developed and lives on an air park in Troy Missouri.

This was my second airworthiness inspection, the first being a Rotorway helicopter, and I would highly recommend him. His email address is

fbaldwin at troyairpark dot com

Congratulations and great job. Looks like a very fine machine. Looking forward to more pictures and write ups of phase I

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A
N942PT

Back