What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N357RV RV-7A Finally Painted

hecilopter

Well Known Member
I have been flying since Oct 1, 2005 but I finally got it painted! It's like having a brand new airplane again! I couldn't be happier, everything came out better than expected. Colors - Jetglo Flag Red, Acryglo Phantom Gray, Acryglo Titanium all on Jetglo Matterhorn White. Just in time for OshKosh! See you there!

dsc00655qu4.jpg

dsc00649mx1.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

I really like having a new airplane again! I forgot to mention, I picked up 2 mph as icing on the cake!

I couldn't be happier!

Would you mind sharing the effect on weight and CG, it would be interesting to know what a paint job really does in terms of both.

Don't have the info yet

I have not reweighed the plane yet, I'm waiting on a new interior kit(!) and then I will have it reweighed. I have no idea on weight but would be surprised if it was more than 30 - 40 lbs. As far as CG, it would seem to shift it a little aft (since there is more paint on surfaces aft of the seats than in front of it. Of course, that is just a guess and could be totally wrong!

I'll let you know when I get reweighed.

Rusty

Thanks,

If we get enough of this info, it would be useful for planning purposes. By the way, the plane looks fantastic, did you design it yourself? I only ask because it has the look of a professional design and I am curious about the value you may have found in using one.

Such services seem a little out of my price range, but my fashion sense is so poor that it may be valuable.

Thanks for the compliment

Actuallly, my wife and I sat down on a Friday night for about 3 hrs and 25 sheets of 8 X 10 paper with the RV outline on it. She wanted the red "swoosh" at the bottom and I wanted some zig zag lines. We put the two together and voila! We had something we both liked!

We had the plane painted by Andrew Pena at A-One Aircraft Paint in Midlothian, TX (KJWY). He really did a superb job bringing our drawing to life! Here are the drawings... We don't have the logo on the tail yet, we are going to have that done with vinyl graphics. Believe it or not, about $35!

paintschememod2af0.jpg

paintscheme2ti6.jpg

You are making me jealous! Looks like I go to Oshkosh in aluminum and primer!

Beautiful Paint scheme/paint job

Back