What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N249VA and the Van Cave--both are impressive

saintlfd

I'm New Here
Got a close look at the Sebring -12 today at the Van Cave. Both are impressive.

Mostly I have flown the SportCruiser and expected the -12 to be a bit 'rough' by comparison. Boy, was I wrong. 249VA is finished out very nicely. The cabin was very comfy and--my wife will love this--you can step into it without stepping on the seat. I may be the only surprised person on this forum but that feature was eye-opening for me.

The stabilator and flaperons are further differences from the Cruiser. I have to get in the air in a -12 now to see if it goes on my really short shopping list.

Also got to see the Cave and to meet DR in the flesh. A great Sunday morning. Yes.

Great Plane. Gracious Host.

I agree... The fit and finish of the Factory built RV-12 was superb.
Beautiful plane. The high wind gusts prevented our flights, but I enjoyed getting to meet the famous DR...nice guy...beautiful hangar.
Thanks for the opportunity!

RV-12

Did anyone get good pictures of the 12. I am flying mine now, but need to do a lot of finishing before the paint shop. The area where the canopy attaches to the fuselage is very different.

I received the kits on May 1 and first flight was Dec 26.

I would appreciate any photos showing how the above area was finished and would be happy to give a ride to anyone in the DFW area.

Sam Butler
RV-12
N432SB

Back