What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N155BK finally flies!

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
That's right, N155BK "Aurora" flew for the first time today. Hopefully we got some good video or pics to share.

squawks: idle set to high, Heavy left wing, , GPS locked up and needed rebooted in flight, operator error on the heater.

202mph, 24" 2500rpm, 9gph...if I remember correctly.

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zibhIAdyt2s

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT!!!!!

Congrats on the flight.

Feels good dont it??

Last edited:
Brain,

Wow!! Way to go!! I'm so happy to hear it. Congratulations. I can't wait to see pics and/or video clips!

pounded my first rivet December '06. Piddled away many months saving money for parts. Got serious last fall, ordered the engine and worked pretty hard since then. I have about 1400hrs logged including paint. Lately I've been in a weather funk waiting for the right people /conditions. So 4 yrs is a long time.....

YES the worth it.

ps video is coming...anyone got a 10 yr old to loan me.:D video link in post 1 now

Last edited:
Happy Phase One to you Brian! You started three months behind me and now look - you are in the air and I am still about 1 year from first flight. Congratulations!

Congradulations

I started my kit just after Thanksgiving 2006, and flew it for the first time this last September. Your going to love that airplane. When are you flying up to help me paint mine?

Way to go Brian

Its good to see you finally got that first flight out of the way. Many happy hours in the brightest RV-7 in Montana.

Jerry Turner
RV-9A (Hope to fly late next Year)

RE:Bravo Zulu

Brian

Congrats on a beautiful machine and great first flight......you deserve the:

34tcupe.jpg

Seems like yesterday you were in Saint George, Utah checking out my project and now ......today DONE!!!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A ... N74BZ ....flying and tracken (MT-RTG)

Congrats

Congratulations Brian. You were helpful in getting me started a year and a half ago. Now your helpful in keeping me motivated - hopefully flying a year from now. I look forward to seeing it in person. I still need to get over to see you. Even more reason now.

Frank, thanks for the BZ award. things were definitely Buzzing around here yesterday.

Bryan, in 38hrs I can come see you.:D

Hey Brian,

Fantastic, great video and the low pass looked as good as mine felt :D

You were obviously enjoying yourself and it shows.

The thing is, once you get airborne and you realise it is all working, there is this almost Zen like feeling of calm but with a little kid giggling away inside you !

You have nearly as much snow as we do, only thing is ours is all on the runway and we can't fly :(

We will though, we will....

Mike

Awesome, been following your page and threads. Congrats.

The Fuselage and wings in my garage seem even further from first flight now, thanks for that! :D

Sliced and diced the video clips of my most excellent Sunday....don't expect too much, but it kinda captures the afternoon excitement.

Am I missing something? I don't see a link to your sliced & diced video, Brian. I wanna see it!

Back