What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mystery hole

digidocs

Well Known Member
There is a #19 hole punched in F-1006E that the plans say not to match drill into the part below. Does this hole ever get filled?

It's still mysteriously empty here.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-06%20at%2012.04.24%20PM_zpseuk7ofvd.png

David

Actually it is a unisex hole.
It removes the need to be sure the corrugations are formed on a specific side of the raw part.

The center vertical member the panel screw to is offset slightly. With the two holes present, there will be a hole aligned with the nutplate regardless of how the part is formed.

Actually it is a unisex hole.
It removes the need to be sure the corrugations are formed on a specific side of the raw part.

The center vertical member the panel screw to is offset slightly. With the two holes present, there will be a hole aligned with the nutplate regardless of how the part is formed.

Amazing! I never thought about that because I didn't think the whole piece was otherwise left-right symmetric. I'll have to look more closely next time I go out to the hangar.

its for the new boar-scopes that have not been invented yet.

When they become available....we will not have to remove the panel for general condition inspections.;)

Back