What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My turn, Converting D mag to NON D mag?

osxuser

Well Known Member
I have an O-360-A1A and an O-360-A1F6D. Anyone know if I can swap the accessory section with gears over to the A1F6D to convert it to an A1F6? I have an airplane that needs the A1F6 (certified requirements) and don't mind putting the D section on the A1A (making it an A1AD) and running one mag and one EI on the RV.

Crankcase, crankshaft, gear train and accessory housing are different from each other and unique to each engine style.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Crankcase, crankshaft, gear train and accessory housing are different from each other and unique to each engine style.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I cracked open my parts manual and was able to figure out the cranks were different, still runs the same p/n for the crankcase though from what I saw. Either way, too much work/trouble. Darn.

Electronic DMag

If you are interested in electronic ignition, EMag (the makers of EMag and PMag) is working on a DMag, which should work on your engine or any "D" engine. I spoke to the folks there this afternoon, and they are looking to have their product out by the end of the year. That's what I am waiting for.

Back