What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My SkyView ADHARS mount

jtrollin

Well Known Member
Well, I am almost done installing my mount and thought I would upload some photos. I spent hours with a ruler and MS Visio trying to design the thing and I think it came out great. If I was to do it again I would use .05 instead of .063 as the stuff is thick and had to use a metal break to bend it.

IMG_0379.jpg

Here it is on the bench.

IMG_0380.jpg

I plan on having screws hold it to the side pieces so I can easily get to the screws.

IMG_0384.jpg

The holes for the cable matches the holes in the bulkhead perfectly.

I do plan on trimming away some of the aluminum or putting holes in it to lighten the piece up.

If anyone wants my visio diagram let me know. Also I downloaded the Rigid Digital Level for my Driod.. GREAT app... it shows angles to the 10th and worked great to help me get it all leveled.

Looks good

That looks like a very neat mounting tray.
There is a plug for the temperature probe next to the dsub,
make sure you don't have to mess with that hole after the ADHAHRs are installed.

John,

That's a nice mount but why not suspend the ADHARS units below it with some standoffs?

I'm going to mount both of my ADHARS units below the mount I made for my D100 ADHARS unit. That way I will only have to drill four holes in the current mount. It will also leave the front and back of the units open for the lines and cable.

After having installed ours last summer, I agree with Bill in the above post. We mounted ours under the bracket, that way the lines and connectors can be installed with the ADHRS already mounted. When the avionics shop needed to access the pitot lines looking for a leak, they just unscrewed the fitting. Yes we did have a leak. We nicked a line trimming a zip tie, it was such a small nick . Our pitot is outboard of Van's location and it's a ******* to reach. I thought our bill will go through the roof if the avionics tech. had to access that area. We just caped the line at the root and still had a leak, thankfully it was in the tailcone.
Ron

Back