What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MY RV-8A First Flight

SteveMc

Saturday Nov 22nd Vern Darley flew my RV-8A on it first flight. Everything went great with no problems and Vern liked flying it so much he did another 1 hr flight shortly after the first 30 minute intial flight. My RV-8A is a 5 year slow build with 0-360 and blended airfoil Hartzell Prop. My friends Dane and Paul were there to support the first flight with Dane's Aircraft as chase and Paul as ground emergency backup.

Steve McDonald
Peachtree City, Georgia
Falcon Field Airport
album

Congratulations

Congratulations on the first flight. I am building an 8A in Atlanta and can't wait to see your plane. Please try to fly to the EAA 690 Pancake breakfast the first Saturday of each month. I hope to fly next year. Until then, I will live vicariously through you. Post some photos!

RV-8A first flight

Hi Steve and Frank,

I am still smiling 3 days later! I have tried to post pictures but not sure I have done it correctly yet. I'll get my friends to show me how to post.

Steve McDonald

First Flight Congrats

Congratulation on the first flight. I just started building the 8A and am new to the site. Right now I can only dream about being at flight test stage so you will have to keep us informed on how its going. I live a couple of hours south of Atlanta in Dothan, AL and would love to come and check out your new toy.

Tom W

Congratulation on the first flight. I just started building the 8A and am new to the site. Right now I can only dream about being at flight test stage so you will have to keep us informed on how its going. I live a couple of hours south of Atlanta in Dothan, AL and would love to come and check out your new toy.

Tom W

Hi Tom,

Just let me know if you will be in Peachtree City and my hangar is T-23 at Falcon Field.

Steve McDonald

Back