What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV-8

HIIFLY

Well Known Member
hiifly

This is a Photo test .:eek:

Joe, I think the problem here is that you have two "HTTP"s.
If you're copying from photobucket, it already has the HTTP and you need to delete the HTTP in the VAF window.

Best,

Big Thanks

Thanks to both of you ! I am still going to figer this out though, if I can build and fly an airplane I know I can someday figure this out ! LOL . Let's see if I push this and click on that , oh well .
hiifly
[/IMG]

Well Maybe Not !

:eek: Ed How do I get it to show the photo on this page and not just the link ???

Still learning . Joe

Here

:eek: Ed How do I get it to show the photo on this page and not just the link ???

Still learning . Joe

Joe, when you place the cursor on the picture in Photobucket, 4 choices appear below it. Select the one that's labelled "Direct link" and paste it in the VAF window after you delete the HTTP in VAF window.

Best,

Very nice 8, I noticed you used a core to fit the cowl, I am looking for one to do my cowl, if you know where I can find/ borrow one please let me know.

bird

I like the blue too

Nice plane. I like the blue too. Is it Mica? Pearlescent?

I once saw an RV with a pearlescent paint job at Popham in the UK, when the sun came out from behind cloud and hit the plane the effect was stunning.

Last edited:
Nice cockpit!

Joe, outstanding cockpit...well done! I like how your radios are correctly placed on the left side.

Should you ever want to sell it I know a buyer.

Thanks

:) Big Thanks for the kind words about my RV-8 . It is my Dream plane since I first saw one at Oskosh 1989 I think ? I have owned 12 airplane and flowen more , but this one fills All my requirements for Fun Flying , I just love everything about it .
BTW the Blue color is a Ford color called "Blue Flame" and the Red is "Flame Red" from Chrysler . These two colors changed my mind from the original "Military Paint scheme" I chose.
And to "Bird" I borrowed the case from Scriva Aviation at BVI It was an 0-320 Case and crank that was not any good , you could try some of the repair shops in your area .
And to "Springer" It is not for sale , but I suppose most anything could be bought . LOL.
BTW this is a Great Web site , I may not post a lot , But I View it everyday and my check is in the mail . No really it is . Joe
I will now try another photo up load as Pierre suggested . Try .
DSCN0888.jpg

Back