What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MY RV-7A Panel is finally coming together

My RV-7A front panel is finally up and running. N2879RB
Picture enclosed
picture117hy2.jpg

I don't generally like the electronic/computer monitor look, but that panel looks NICE! Thanks for good taste.

I like the setup. I haven't decided on a G430 + SL40 or a G300XL + SL30. I suppose I like the redundancy of two boxes with IFR approach capability.

Some questions, though, as I'm trying to sift through everyone else's good ideas to get my own ;)

* Why mix Dynon and AFS in the panel?
* Why use a mechanical CDI when the Dynon has a HSI? (My thinking is that the Dynon HSI is rather small, but then it goes away when you don't need it).
* Why not 2.25" backups? If you use a 2.25" T&B (e.g., TruTrak unit), all three will fit directly under the Dynon. I suppose if you fly a lot of IFR, the 3 1/8" gauges will be much easier to cross check against the Dynon.

Last edited:
You know, I find myself adding up the the $ as I look at each component when I look at panels these days. I usually get about halfway across -- left to right -- before I get depressed. :)

Not really

Bob Collins said:
You know, I find myself adding up the the $ as I look at each component when I look at panels these days. I usually get about halfway across -- left to right -- before I get depressed. :)

Bob, no need for any depression just yet.
An Enigma has Flight instruments, GPS and all the engine monitoring gauges for around $3,600. A 430 and SL 30 is nice but not necessary. An SL 40 comm and a Transponder don't add that much more.

If you'll build a removable face on your panel, the upgrades can be easily made as funds permit.

PM me for more info on the Enigma.
Regards,
Pierre

WOW! That is not only full of great, useful things, but it is incredibly well laid out and handsome IMO. Great job and I am keeping that for future aspirational material!!

Back