What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Order Is In

tadpole rider

I placed my order for the -12 today at Van's. No crating. No shipping. I will drive up from Salem and load it in my trailer. My wife and I are very excited. She stopped in at Aurora Aviation to arrange to finish up her Sport Pilot certificate (Skycatcher). She will be finished way before the plane gets started. I won't be starting on the plane until May as I have some projects to get out of the shop to make room for the -12.
I have been watching the forum for almost a year and have learned a lot. I'm sure the questions will really start once I begin construction.
Curt

Welcome aboard, this is the place you need to be if you are building a 12 for sure. I have been helped out of a bind many times, good helpful people here.

Welcome aboard Tadpole, I think you will find this site (and the Folks on it) very helpful. Let us know what your builders number (AKA Serial Number... will look like 120XXX) when you get it. We must be well into the 600's now.

#646 as of Wednesday afternoon. I thought I had faxed my order in on Tuesday. It was fortunate that my wife wanted to go up to Aurora to interview instructors. I stopped in at Van's to check on things and they had not gotten anything after my phone call with the credit card number. Now I am looking at tool sets - plenty of time.

Congratulations Tadpole.

Pickup = no-cost shipping huh - I'm envious, shipping to Australia throws up some scary numbers! :(

Enjoy!

Erik

Hey Curt.....GREAT!

Have fun.....and after all that fun you will have more fun in an airplane that you built with your wife by your side. WOW....life is just SO GOOD!

#646 as of Wednesday afternoon. I thought I had faxed my order in on Tuesday. It was fortunate that my wife wanted to go up to Aurora to interview instructors. I stopped in at Van's to check on things and they had not gotten anything after my phone call with the credit card number. Now I am looking at tool sets - plenty of time.

PM sent Curt.

Jim

Yes we western Oregonians are very fortunate. Ok I had to rent a truck to drive up from Corvallis for my 7 QB kit but it was pretty trivial and a fun trip.

Once in a while I fly to Vans to pick up parts for other builders..a 15 min flight from CVO...:)

Frank

Back