What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My mounting of the Gretz electronic control module

jtrollin

Well Known Member
So I built the mount today for my electronic control module and wanted to see what you all thought of it. I plan to proseal it in place and wanted to hear the pros and cons of that as well.

IMG_0021.jpg

Here is where I want to proseal it in place.

IMG_0024.jpg

My only concern with gluing it in place is that it seems apparent from looking at the board (I have one, too, and I've been planning my installation) that it is intended to be grounded through those screws. Notice that they are all on a circuit. Therefore, I will be riveting my mount in place so that it goes to common ground. On the other hand, a grounding lead from one of the screws would do the same thing.

I had mine mounted directly to the rib but used larger spacers. It was angled in the top corner, visible in your picture. The angle also made it easier to screw in the wires since you will only be able to fit one hand through the inspection plate.

I would say that prosealing is a poor idea. If it comes loose it could foul the ailerons. I am using the Dynon pitot and like Rene I mounted the controller on the access panel similar to the aileron trim - simples.

Back