What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My first jump in tandem parachute

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.... (head shaking..) :)

Good job!! My wife has been threatening to get be a tandem jump from the skydive school where my -4 is based. I just haven't gotten up the nerve...

I'll always remember....

the observation of some comedian concerning a tandem jump......"In the event of the chute failing to open, is this really the "position" that I want to cross over into eternity?" :D

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.... (head shaking..) :)

I used to ask sky divers why they would do this. I was told that the reason is "safety"!

"Statistics show that most airplane accidents happen during take-off or landing. We don't do landings; thereby reducing our exposure by 50%."

Have you ever seen the airplanes they jump out of? NOBODY jumps out of a perfectly good airplane.

The dive school at my airport has some nice equipment. The A&P in the box hangar across from me does all the work on their planes, a Caravan and a C182. I've snooped around them both when they've been in the hangar and they are both in very good condition. The school owner has them in there regularly for inspection and maintenance.

The Red Bull Grand Caravan is a beautiful plane for this job.
Thanks!!!
I´m fly my RV-7 with emergency parachute when is a acro flight, is a good idea jump one time or more!

"Statistics show that most airplane accidents happen during take-off or landing. We don't do landings; thereby reducing our exposure by 50%."

The skydivers I flew in college frequently said that they were actually uncomfortable while IN the airplane, untill they knew they were high enough they could take seatbelts off and jump in case of an emergency.

I have over 500 Jumps

I always felt less comfortable in the airplane than out of it!

When i was out I was the master of my own destiny..partly why i really don't like flying in airliners as well..:)

Frank

No thanks

My father use to say, its not the fall that hurts, its the sudden stop at the bottom. I am a pilot because I like to fly.....not fall!

Congratulations Roberto,

I know some skydivers who think guys that fly around in airplanes that they built themselves and some with Suburu engines no less, are absolutely crazy.

As others see us.

Jimboscr, Skydiving IS flying. It is NOT falling. If you like to fly you would love to skydive.

Last edited:
Back