What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Multiple wires to single pin

pt17

Fishing for ideas on best way to join 4 wires that are the serial output from pin 56 on the 430W. Numerous posts on having to do it but I can't find any solutions. Any suggestions welcome.

There have been several posts on techniques to join multiple wires on this forum. Too, check out Aero Electric Connection.

The primary thing, of course, is that you don't run all the wires into the pin literally - you will have a single wire to the pin and split downstream.

Try Bob Knuckoll's Site!

Bob has a great number of pictorials on things like this - many times, they will give you a clue on doing something that is "almost" like it. This link:

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/multiplewires/multiplewires.html

Shows how to put multiple wires into a ring terminal - no reason you couldn't think of using a Butt splice the same way. Personally, I also like in-line solder joints, when properly heat-shrinked and secured.

Paul

Like Paul...

Personally, I also like in-line solder joints, when properly heat-shrinked and secured.

Paul

...I use the multiple wire solder splice and heat shrink method.

It was needed for this installation of Mitchell gauges, each gauge had individual power, ground and lighting leads.

Mitchell-gauge-wiring-A.JPG

Back