What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT Governor w/Whirlwind 300RV Prop

Tucky Bourbon

I'm New Here
First post, please be gentle :D

Got a question: I'm building my RV-8 with a Lycoming IO-360 A1B6, and I already installed the MT P-860-4 governor before realizing that the 300RV came with a Jihostroj P-920-032/A governor. Do I need to remove the MT governor and replace it with the Jihostroj or will the MT work just fine? I'd really like NOT to have to do that as that would be a real pain in the butt. So far I see the gear ratios are the same, but I cannot verify the MT governor's relief valve is compatible with the 300RVs 330psi maximum.

Can anyone verify if the MT governor will work with the 300RV prop?

Chris

The definitive answer would be to call WW. The Jihostroj governors they sell are a high pressure model. Ran a Jihostroj for years and it keeps the RPM in a very tight range, and highly recommend them.

Talked to Hector from WW and he believed the MT governor should be okay. I also verified with MT that the P-860-4 governor has the relief valve set to 320psi +/- 10psi, which is exactly the spec called for in the WW prop documentation. That combined with the identical gear ratio and I feel pretty good leaving the MT governor on there.

Back