What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT Governor Overhaul Shop recomemdation.

JonJay

Well Known Member
Governor is working just fine but I am past due on calendar time to have it overhauled. Looking for suggestions on a repair shop preferably West Coast.

I've used the guys at the prop shop in Redding, CA before - they seemed to know how to work on them.

They seem to be more at home with the big props and stuff that they can hit with sledge hammers, but the governor they checked out for me has been working great for four years now.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I see they are a service center for MT. I was just through there on Sunday, but of course, no Governor in hand.

Anybody have experience with NW Propeller in Wash. State?

Thanks buddy. I buzzed (safely and legally) your house a few times with the Bucker while I was breaking in the rebuilt engine. I didn't see you kicking around. No worries, I will be buzzing around more.

Well, NW is an MT service center but does not do governors. Thanks though....

Well that's no fun! My Woodward has 2500 hours on it since 1989 and holds RPM within 10rpm. Is the MT built different? does it really need to go to the shop if it's working correctly?

Well that's no fun! My Woodward has 2500 hours on it since 1989 and holds RPM within 10rpm. Is the MT built different? does it really need to go to the shop if it's working correctly?

Probably not. However, the manual calls it out as a timed component of 6 years or 2000 hours. Mine was on its 9th year.
I needed to fix an oil leak, well, chose to fix an oil leak in the adapter gasket, so, while it is apart... there you go....
It is headed to Redding per Paul's recomendation. Have it back in a week, and few $$ later.....

Back