What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MS20365-720C equiv AN part number?

prkaye

Well Known Member
I will be re-hanging my engine, and i discovered that the plans have changed for the nuts on the bolts that go through the lord mounts. THe used to be castellated nuts and cotter pins. It appears now that the plans call for MS20365-720C nuts. I'm trying to find these on Aircraft Spruce (so i can avoid having them shipped up to Canada from Vans), but they still list everything by AN numbers it seems.
Could anyone point me to the this part on ACS?

AN363-720

The aircraft supply house "Univair", says that MS20365-720C is superseded by P/N AN363-720.

If you Google search the P/N AN363-720, you get two distinct "styles" - one is the conventional "slotted", with diminished upper diameter; and, the other is a reduced upper outer diameter that is slightly reduced in size - both giving the locking performance needed.

Spruce carries only the second type - non slotted. Most other vendors - Sky Geek, Univair, etc. seem to favor the slotted type.

HFS

Post Script -

The only precedent for MS20365-(xxx)C in the Genuine Aircraft Hardware Catalog - 2021, is AN363-(xxx) - with "All Metal locking element".

Whereas the AN365-(xxx)A has a "Nylon locking element" - not recommended for FW forward installs.

Last edited:
Back