What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MS word labels question

TShort

Well Known Member
I'm using MS word with Avery 5168 labels to make maintenance entries in the logs (oil change, etc.) I can't figure one thing out ... how to make the format so that I can view them in landscape mode while typing. Thus far, I go to "envelopes and labels", choose the label, and choose new document; then change the text direction such that the text is along the long axis of the label. At this point the text is going vertically up the screen - I have to cock my head to read it.
Changing the page layout to landscape doesn't work - it screws up the label position on the page and doesn't affect the text direction.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Thomas

Label problem

The easiest way is to create a custom label with the same dimensions - only reverse width & height of course, same margins of 0.5, and a vertical pitch of 4" (to put the space between the labels). Use a landscape format from the page setup menu. I just did this and it looks the same as the Avery only oriented for a landscape page.

Dennis Glaeser

My son & I own & run a printing company. The major problem is associated with the term "Microsoft".
Derrell
RV7A Finish

Back