What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MS to Va to OH to MS

Wesael

Well Known Member
Thought I would do a short rightup for those of you that need "Motivation" to continue your build:) ( I remember those days)

Had some buisness to do at POV and 2 family members that wanted to go to SHD so I took on the challange!!!!!

The passengers did not want to leave before 8am so we got loaded up and didnt leave till 8:30am local.

Trip to SHD was 3hr 11min and burned 38.00 gal with a TAS of 178-179knot TAS.

I was filed for 9000ft and there was a layer below and sometimes we were in the tops.

Was no problem though with the help of the A/P and Garmin.

While at SHD got a sandwich and drink at the restaurant while the FBO people fueled the plane up.

The trip to POV was non event. Climbed to 8000ft and again leaned to 11.3 GPH with a 177-178 knot TAS. The time on this leg turned in at 1hr 17min and burned 17.1 gal.

I got finished with buisness there and filed to depart again at 8000ft and off we went.

This leg form POV to the house (close to GTR) was 3hr 41min this time I burned 41.3 Gal cruising at 177-178knot TAS with the fuel flow setting on 11.3 GPH.

Made it back to house by 7:10pm.

Total Nautical Miles = 1358
Total Fuel Used = 96.4
Avg NM/Gal = 14.1
Avg stat. MPG = 16.2

This includes take-off Landing ect. Not to shabby I keep getting more and more excited about these things! Glad I didnt buy that F33 I was looking at before ordering the tail kit.

Also took off from a 1750ft grass strip and landed back there again this evening. Try that with a Cirrus, Bo, Mooney......

All in a days work:D Was a grand time. Keep Hammering them rivets!!!!

even those of us that aren't building still like the Motivation. Thanks.

-1 for no pictures...or as your teachers would say....Waesel has the abilities but does not apply himself when sharing with others.:D:D:D

Back